If you are considering a home remodeling project, make sure you also protect your HVAC system during the remodel so it continues to work its best after the fact. There are a number of steps you can take to keep your HVAC system safe:
- Discuss your HVAC system with your remodeling contractors and your air conditioning contractor ahead of time to ensure you know the best practices for keeping your system safe.
- In order to prevent dust and debris from entering your HVAC system, make sure to close registers and vents, so airborne particles will not settle into your air ducts.
- Complete as much preparation work as possible outside, so dust and debris are encouraged to stay out of your home.
- Clean your home at regular intervals during your remodeling project, including checking your air filters and blowing out your vents so they remain clean.
If you are interested in learning more about how to protect your HVAC unit during a home remodel, or if you need someone to come check your system, our team at Quality 1 Heating & Cooling can assist you. We can help you address your concerns and make sure your HVAC system is functioning properly, so you can enjoy your home before, during, and after your home remodel. Call us today to learn more!
The fall months are typically some of the hardest ones for your heating and cooling system because the days begin to have swings in temperature. It may be horribly hot during the day and very comfortable at night. When it comes to your home’s heating and cooling system, you may be worried about constantly adjusting the thermostat or determining the best way to keep your home comfortable. Here are a few tips for saving energy and keeping your home the perfect temperature:
- Program Your Thermostat – Adjusting your thermostat a few degrees every time you walk by doesn’t actually help your system cool or heat your home. In reality, your thermostat only tells your system when it should cut on or off. The best thing to do is program your thermostat for a certain temperature during the day and night and let your system do the work.
- Utilize Ceiling Fans & Your Shades – You can cut down on the fall heat by turning on your ceiling fans and closing your shades throughout your home. As the sun beats down on your home, it can often warm the rooms, creating a warmer temperature than you expected. Closing the shades blocks the sun’s rays and a ceiling fan provides that comfortable breeze you need to stay cool.
- Turn Your System Off -This may sound like a scary prospect, but with newer units that are more energy efficient, turning your AC off when it isn’t needed may actually save you on energy costs. If your fall nights are cool enough that running the air conditioner isn’t needed, rather than turning up the thermostat, simply turn your system off for the night and back on in the morning.
At Quality 1 Heating & Cooling, our number one goal is to keep you safe and comfortable all year long. Try out these tips and ask us about more ideas to improve your home’s comfort and energy efficiency. You’ll be enjoying the fall season even more.
When you determine you need air conditioning repair, you don’t want to wait for days to get your system fixed. In order to stay cool and comfortable during the hot summer months, it is important to have an air conditioning contractor who can provide quick information and solutions for your home. When you call us at Quality 1 Heating & Cooling, we will take your air conditioning repair seriously and complete your service in three easy steps:
- Diagnose Problems – No matter how you describe your air conditioner problems, our number one goal is to provide an accurate diagnosis. From clanking to popping or smelly odors, we’ll determine what the root of the problem is.
- Make a Repair Plan – Once we have a firm diagnosis, we can create a plan for repairs that will get your air conditioner up and running in no time. With our air conditioner repair services, we will keep you informed through very stage, so you know exactly what to expect from our service.
- Provide Solutions – Your air conditioning repair will be resolved as quickly as possible when you call our team. We are dedicated to quality that includes dependability, honesty and exceptional service and equipment. You can rest easy knowing you’ve called the right professionals for help.
At Quality 1 Heating & Cooling, you’ll find unmatched honesty, service and respect from our professional team. We even offer 24-hour emergency service, 365 days a year, to ensure you get the best possible solutions for your heating and cooling problems. Air conditioning repair is easy when you work with us. Let us help you keep your home cool and comfortable!
When you are looking at air conditioners for your home, you may be overwhelmed with the number of options available to you. How do you decipher all the different features and choose the one that works best for you? There are a number of basic things to consider when you are looking at air conditioners so you may have an easier choice before your purchase.
- Costs – It may seem obvious to address the cost of the air conditioner, but you should also consider how much it will cost to run the unit in addition to the purchase price. Making sure you get the right sized air conditioner for your space will ensure your utility bills aren’t sky high.
- Efficiency – Choosing a unit with maximum efficiency will save you money in the long run. Although it may seem pricey to choose this option up front, it will more than pay for itself over the number of years you are using the system.
- Noise Level – The last thing you need is to try to get to sleep, and all you can hear is a noisy air conditioner! Read about the number of decibels your new unit will produce, so you can get maximum comfort and have a quiet space.
- Brand – While it may seem tempting to choose the cheaper brand name, installing air conditioners that have recognized names may actually improve your warranty and provide a longer-lasting system. It will be well worth the price to choose a brand name you know and trust.
If you need assistance while shopping for air conditioners, you can always call our trusted professionals at Quality 1 Heating & Cooling. You will find unmatched honesty, service, and respect when you choose us, and you’ll feel secure knowing your choice in air conditioners is the right one. When you need help, give us a call! We are here for you!
When the weather gets hot outside, you depend on air conditioning systems to keep cool, sane, and productive. Although you might be going into learning about these machines from square one, finding out the signs that your air conditioner is about to break is invaluable for your home’s long-term care. In this post, we will tell you about the symptoms of a faulty air conditioner and how we can help when your machine isn’t working properly with our air conditioning maintenance and servicing.
Signs That Your AC is Malfunctioning and What They Mean
Here are two signs that something’s wrong and you’re about to be in need of air conditioning maintenance.
- Pools of Water: If you notice that water is pooling at the base of your air conditioning unit, it could be a sign of a number of problems. Air conditioners circulate air through coils that lower the temperature. Water is a byproduct of this process and is transported through coils to a tank. If there are leaks, they could be located in any of the coils (they might have small cracks) or a number of other locations. In this instance, you will want to call our air conditioning maintenance professionals, as it’s typically difficult to see where the crack or leak is yourself.
- Your Air Conditioner isn’t Lowering the Room Temperature Enough: This is another common problem that can be caused by several factors. If your air conditioning unit is the wrong size for your square footage, it can have difficulty lowering the temperature enough and will soon wear out. You can solve this problem by carefully reading the details about your AC before buying. If this isn’t the case, you might have an old air conditioner with parts that need to be checked by a reliable air conditioning service, or you may need to replace the whole unit entirely.
At Quality 1 Heating & Cooling, we are happy to help you with your air conditioning maintenance needs. If you’ve noticed problems or aren’t sure if your system is working its best, call us today to schedule service. We care about you, and you’ll be glad you called!
When you’ve determined you have air conditioning problems that cannot be resolved, you may be trying to think of ways to preserve your system and avoid new air conditioning installation. Purchasing and installing a new air conditioner isn’t something anyone looks forward to, but it is critical to your comfort during the hot summer months. One thing you can look forward to with new air conditioning installation is that new units are more energy-efficient and will end up saving you money on your utility bills each month.
If you are uncertain about whether air conditioning installation is the right step, we’ve listed some signs that you will enjoy an upgrade.
- Your Home Isn’t Comfortable – Does your AC run all day and night, but you still can’t seem to get comfortable? If you are constantly turning the thermostat to push more efficiency out of your system, you are doing yourself a disservice. Not only is this forcing your system to work overtime, but your energy bills may be through the roof – and you aren’t even able to enjoy yourself in the comfort of your own home!
- Your Unit is Old – Over the past ten years, there have been numerous improvements to air conditioners, so if your unit is more than ten years old, you may find that new air conditioning installation offers many improvements. Especially if you have to constantly have your system repaired or it is not operating efficiently, the age of your unit could be the culprit.
As much as we love seeing our customers, our number one goal at Quality 1 Heating & Cooling is to keep you safe and comfortable all year long. Don’t suffer through another hot summer with an old and broken air conditioning unit. Let us help with air conditioning installation, so your home is cool, you are more comfortable, and you save on utility costs. Contact us today to get started. We look forward to assisting you!
Most people think of humidity as a bad thing because it makes those hot summer days feel sticky and uncomfortable. While it is true that too much humidity is not ideal, having too low relative humidity has its own complications both with your home and your family. The best and most effective way to have the right amount of humidity inside your home is through the use of home humidifiers.
Dry air, caused by low relative humidity, is damaging to your home in a number of ways. For one thing, there will be more static electricity in your home, which can damage your electronics and isn’t very much fun for you, either. Low humidity is also bad for wood materials, such as cabinetry, hardwood floors, furniture, and even the walls of your home.
Humidifiers can make your home more comfortable for your family and avoid many of the conditions that can be attributed to dry air. If your family experiences bloody noses, dry eyes, sore throats, dry skin and frequent respiratory ailments such as colds and flu, low humidity could be to blame. Furthermore, dry air can feel colder, leading you to crank up that thermostat unnecessarily; thus, humidifiers can save you on utility costs as well.
If you would like to know more about home humidifiers and hear about how your family and your home could benefit from this home improvement, give us a call at Quality 1 Heating & Cooling. We would be happy to discuss this beneficial technology and answer your questions.
If you have determined that you need air conditioning service, you may be wondering what you should ask your air conditioning contractor before you simply sign on the dotted line. It is important to know what kinds of questions to ask, so you are well informed about your options and the state of your air conditioning system.
- What is the Timetable? When you need to call your air conditioning contractor, it’s usually because you need help right away. It’s a good idea to ask how long it will take to get your AC up and running again so you can make plans.
- What are the Payment Options? Whether it is a small repair or a major fix, you should always know what your payment options are before you agree to service. If it turns out that you need a major service or will have to have your system replaced, your air conditioning contractor should provide you with all the payment information you need before the work begins.
- Is There New Technology Available? One thing that can really benefit your home and your wallet is asking your air conditioning contractor whether they can provide upgrades to your system that will save energy and money. It is more important today than ever before to have an energy-efficient system that will save you money on your utility bills.
At Quality 1 Heating & Cooling, we can answer these questions and many more when you choose us as your air conditioning contractor. When you work with us, you can expect unmatched honesty, service, and respect. Call us today to learn more about our services and how we can assist you!